« Beyond Outside | Main | Distracted »
August 24, 2006
Bouquet of Taqwa

by AlBushra

Bring me a bouquet of taqwa
Whose scent will embed in my heart
Forewarning me of my creator's presence
With every petal of this world that I pull off
Iman displays in the glass of my eyes as it is in my view
Reminding me of Allah and his majesty
The thorns of this life are many, but the rivers of the next are too
With every thorn that I accidently pass my fingers on, I see the power of my creator
Through his might I may gain or I may sense pain
Taqwa brings forth a heart beating constantly with full alertness of the mind
The bouquet of taqwa can only be given by the best of providers,
I kneel down on the ground helplessly gathering of what I can

abupepper said

Salaam AlBushra:

Masha'Allah...you did it again.

May Allah make us all Muttaqoons and grant us the Bouquet of Taqwa, and count us among those who have a constant and full alertness of HIM and mindful of HIS Glorious presence....Ameen

on August 24, 2006 2:06 AM

Subhan'Allah, i feel your technique is similar to urdu poetry :)

on August 24, 2006 12:42 PM
Saima Iqbal said

"I kneel down on the ground helplessly gathering of what I can

And blindly forget, granting me a bouquet of taqwa is not in the creation's hands."

Simply beautiful. Masha Allah.

on August 25, 2006 12:16 AM
abupepper said

Salaam Y'all:

* J * U * M * M * A * H * --- * M * U * B * A * R * A * K *

May your days be brighten with glad tidings and may your nights be filled with Mercy from Allah (subhanu-wa-ta-aalah)...Ameen

Ok the people I miss on Hidayaonline...they havent chirped for some time now...Br. Rami, Br. Faisal, Br. Talal, Sr.Justoju, Sr. Bint Saeed, Sr. Bint Abdul Khaliq, Sr. Undercover Hijaabi, & Sr. Amani....maybe most of you guys got married (who werent already)...that would leave only me and Br. Gillette in here.

By the way, last Sunday we had a lunch with Ustaad Yaser Qadhi, and he had very good things to say about Qabeelat Durbah...that would mean all the NJ gang.

In any case, folks drop a line or two, as I love you all and you are always in my prayers...insha'Allah-wa-Masha'Allah.

on August 25, 2006 9:57 AM
abupepper said

Good developments...I see this as a step in the right direction, insha'Allah.

on August 28, 2006 9:42 PM

The last two lines are absolutely heart-wrenchingly lovely. A heart that has experienced this helpless gathering does not easily forget such sweet pain.

on August 29, 2006 7:57 AM